Support our Patreon page!
Communicate with us via Twitter by using the hashtag #AskSheP and of course follow us on Twitter
Let’s just get this out of the way. The title of this episode breaks my heart SO MUCH!
And, the most most important thing…there is a blooper at the end of the episode. It turns out that I was on a tirade and Jess had muted herself and had forgotten and thus I was getting silence with no responses for like ever and it was awkward.
Turns out, she was talking but since she was muted…well, you get the idea. The blooper, is AFTER she comes back into the conversation. #priceless
We get into some some pretty deep discussions about bandwidth, infrastructure, media consumption and podcast content ownership. As always, we’d love for you to weigh in on the conversation!
Show 115 Super Quick Re-cap!
- A follow up on Starbucks employees not having a clue about their super cool podcast The Upstanders
- In case you undermine your message, there’s a plug-in for that! Stop apologizing
- There’s a difference between you being ‘more like a man’ and breaking bad habits that undermine you!
- Stickers are fun…they are the funnest
- Shall we create She Podcasts stickers for iMessage? What should they be?
- Are you ready to make 2017 the most amazing year EVER through your podcast? Podfusion! You guys gotta come
- Bandwidth is a luxury, and Elsie challenges you to argue with her
- The infrastructure needs to grow in order for podcasting to grow
- Can you have high speed connectivity AND the lifestyle that you want?
- Jess doesn’t think where Elsie lives is worth it. Elsie says it IS.
- All right guys….who has no issues AT ALL around data consumption, either from home or mobile?
- Jess lays it on Elsie not consuming media…as her BFF
- OMG John comes into the wifi conversation!
- Elsie brings in EMFs into the conversation and she shuts down the discussion
- Gimlet let’s a podcaster go and we go into it from the perspective of the indie podcaster
- What should we think about when working or creating a podcast for other networks?
- Gimlet’s reputation might be sullied by the goings on with The Mystery Show in the radio/broadcasting professional world
- So whispering is a thing in podcasts, and it might involve giggling and spitting
Links mentioned by Jess and Elsie!
- Leave us feedback via Speakpipe!
- Just Not Sorry Chrome Extension
- The Podcasting Boom
- In a Surprising Move, Gimlet Cuts Popular Podcast “Mystery Show”
- The Sleep Whispers Podcast
She Podcasts thank-you to our community helpers!
- Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
- Rebecca Council from CLR Virtual Connections
- Darlene from DarleneVictoria.com
Shop for your podcasting education!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to firstname.lastname@example.org