Show 037 Quick-Guide
- What if you get asked to be on a show and you’re just not a good fit? What do you do?
- How much information is too much information to give a potential guest.
- Vet your guests people – personalize the email just a little bit.
- The mighty Natalie shares who her team is.
- The process of delegating bit by bit to your team.
- Natalie breaks down her process/workflow for prepping for each episode.
- How a VA can make your show prep notes off the hook awesome.
- “I’m not here to build your community” (guess who said that?)
- Dudes do not have a hard time saying no. It’s time to say NO.
- “I’m not sorry and it’s my show.”
- Speaking up and getting used to saying NO.
- We chat about what’s going on with women in tech, right now.
- It seems girls and boys play different.
- Trolls vs Bullies. Women are in danger.
- IS there an energetic difference between primarily male Facebook groups and primarily women facebook groups?
- We do have male listeners, yes we do.
- Back on to the workflow conversation! 45 minutes in…
- Referencing other episodes, is a great practice #NoteToSelf
- Natalie has a great idea of clumping certain topics together of your episodes.
- Working with different time zones is HARD – pretty big adjustment.
- How many hours a week does it take to create a 5 days a week podcast?
- Get the scoop on how many hours it REALLY takes to produce ONE episode.
- New & Noteworthy is NOT ALL THAT. Repeat after us – NOT all that.
- Natalie has a great guess about the iTunes New & Noteworthy algorithm.
- If you don’t LOVE podcasting and you think this is THE solution you’ve been looking for – STOP – It’s a big big big undertaking.
- When it’s a disservice to get behind the mic and when it’s ok to s.t.o.p. aka podfade.
- We get real again about what it takes to podcast.
How long does it take to produce each podcast episode?
Do you have help?
Are you ready to podcast?
Links mentioned by Elsie and Jess!
- Natalie Eckdahl Lady Business Radio
- What happened when I confronted my cruellest troll – Lindy West
- I’m Risking My Life Standing Up To Gamergate MUST READ.
- Our super special She Podcasts Page on BizChix!
- The She Podcasts Podfading Episode
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to email@example.com