What happens when big money comes into podcasting? Is it good, bad? And how exactly does that affect the every day podcaster? Thoughts on PodCon and PodX, crazy discussion on Snapchat filters, why Elsie adores her RODEcaster Pro and why she feels it’s the solution to many many many podcaster problems and a jam-packed update on all things She Podcasts Live!
Send us your feedback, email firstname.lastname@example.org! We can’t wait to hear from you!
HAVE YOU GOTTEN YOUR TICKET YET FOR THE SHE PODCASTS LIVE EXPERIENCE? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???
Episode Recap: length
- GGTOTD! And it is the nerdiest thing ever, for sure
- John fills us in on Red Circle, yet another free podcast host app
- 6:37 NEWS
- When big money comes in, what happens to in the podcasting industry? No more freedom or having fun?
- What are the money folks looking at? And what if they want to come in to fix your show?
- How John reaches out to podcasters and offers to help, what works and what doesn’t
- So what if you don’t want help, what then?
- Each podcaster must make a decision based on what they want to do, you cannot force someone to choose differently if they don’t want to
- Elsie is loving on the Q2U – again
- Shout out to Danny Peña for having his show GamerTag Radio in a video game!
- And a little constructive feedback to Danny, bwahahahahahha
- PodCon is not coming back and some thoughts on why it didn’t work
- Then, there’s this whole new PodX Conference, and they’ve done some cool things to get the word out!
- Should Jess and Elsie create a super short mini episode and sell it as an ad in other shows? What do you guys think?
- Also, being on someone else’s show is a great way to advertise and Elsie shares her experience of buying a well known person’s book
- 34:06 TOOL TIPS
- Snapchat is best as a content creation platform and Elsie and Jess as men!
- Sometimes we want our people to do things that they are not wanting to do
- How do you actually get people to listen to your show when they don’t already listen to your show? Creativity and action people!
- John and Jess totally don’t listen to Elsie at all because they are messing around with Snapchat filters
- It’s the first time that Elsie uses the RODEcaster Pro to record the show!
- Elsie shares why she loves it so much and why this is THE game changing piece of hardware – a solution to all of the problems!
- Oh the issues that John has to deal with when recording with Jess and Elsie
- 50:00 SHE PODCASTS LIVE UPDATE
- Dawn Fraser and the podcast brunch!
- Podcasting and the wage gap with Simplecast
- Some other awesome companies sponsoring!
- Liz Covart on what it takes to do a show that gets you somewhere
- FAIRY HAIR!
- Updates on our venue
- Elsie shares the She Podcasts Super Squad and why she loving it!
- Podcasting: Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems. Mo’ Problems, Mo’ Rules.
- Red Circle hosting
- Snapchat has become a content creation tool for Instagram and Twitter users
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
For $5 per month get exclusive access to coaching with Jess and Elsie
Get special time with Jess and Elsie weekly over in the She Podcasts Supersquad! All you need to do is to sign up to be a $5 per month Patreon. We are waaaaaay worth more than a cup of coffee. Patreon
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to email@example.com